The Ripon Society Mission
Ripon Society is a public policy organization that was founded in 1962 and takes its name from the town where the Republican Party was born in 1854 – Ripon, Wisconsin. One of the main goals of The Ripon Society is to promote the ideas and principles that have made America great and contributed to the GOP’s success. These ideas include keeping our nation secure, keeping taxes low and having a federal government that is smaller, smarter and more accountable to the people. The Ripon Society Objectives The Ripon Society will develop programs and undertake actions that will achieve:
- An expanded understanding within the Republican Party of innovative and constructive public policies, ideas and actions that:An effective capability within the Republican Party to engage the American people in a successful discussion about these policies and ideas.
- Strengthen the American family and protect the safety and future of our children;
- Promote and achieve an innovative and effective educational system;
- Improve and protect the health and safety of the American people and the natural environment in which we live;
- Advance participation in and development of a sound, growing economy;
- Ensure a strong, effective national defense.
- An effective capability within the Republican Party to engage the American people in a successful discussion about these policies and ideas.
- A reasoned, effective governance system at the local, state and federal levels that also foster a participatory political system.
- Increased capabilities within the Republican Party to develop, analyze, promote and implement such innovative and constructive policies.